How Can the Tool Help?
- Easily and quickly displays your CCAP records for review
- Allows you to determine if you can remove Wisconsin criminal or eviction records
- Provides the correct form to file with the court
- Takes less than 10 minutes to get started
- It is free
The Importance of Accurate Records
Removing eligible eviction records can have a positive impact for people and their families.
- Landlords can search eviction records in approving renters.
- This can lead to bias against people based on the current records
- Removing these records can increase the opportunities to get new housing.
What Eviction Records May Be Removed from CCAP?
Certain eviction records are supposed to be removed from the state records after two years. However, sometimes this does not happen automatically, so LIFT Dane can help. Eviction records are supposed to be removed:
- After two years in situations where a case was dismissed…
- And there is no monetary judgement in the court record.
Why Clean Up Your Records?
“Adverse online information can be a huge barrier for people who did no wrong, or were found not guilty or had the charges dismissed,” according to Ray Dall’Osto, a defense attorney at Gimbel Reilly Guerin & Brown. “Their opportunity for employment, housing and credit can be and is severely impacted when people look on CCAP and see this information, even when a case is dismissed.”