Legal Action of Wisconsin is a not-for-profit law firm that provides free civil legal services to low-income people to ensure fairness and equal justice. The organization is founded on multiple principals, including:
- Equal justice should have no price tag for low-income people.
- Low-income persons can best achieve equal justice by having a lawyer represent them.
- Services will be of the highest quality, no matter the ability to pay.
Legal Services Offered:
- Background records and expungement
- Drivers’ license restoration
- Debt collection and wage garnishments
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Housing foreclosures
- Child support payments and restructuring
- Government benefits
- Human trafficking